The Academy of Kuntao Jiu-Jitsu is located in Cranston, Rhode Island. Our style of Kuntao Jiu-Jitsu specializes in Realistic Self-Defense, Fitness, and Self Protection for Adults and Children ages seven and older. The instruction at the Academy is conducted in a friendly, non-threatening atmosphere while focusing on teaching the most effective concepts and techniques that you, the student, will need to defend yourself. Students who train at the Academy learn self-defense concepts such as being aware of your surroundings, trusting your intuition, how to verbally defuse an escalating situation, and how to avoid becoming a victim. The physical aspect of our art includes teaching the student how to effectively strike an adversary, ground survival techniques, and defenses from common choking, grabbing, and punching attacks - all performed using our scenario based training program.
What Is The Main Objective Of Kuntao Jiu-Jitsu?
Kuntao Jiu-Jitsu is designed for individuals who want to learn to defend themselves and their families. The art of Kuntao Jiu-Jitsu was created by combining elements of different martial art systems into one effective and realistic form of self-defense. To read our mission statement, please click here.
Academy of Kuntao Jiu-Jitsu Features
- Unique blend of martial arts into one realistic form of self-defense - that is constantly evolving.
- Fitness for self-defense that combines elements of the martial arts, physical therapy, and personal training experiences to help all individuals lose weight and increase fitness levels.
- Fun, Hardworking, Cooperative Atmosphere. "We Are All In This Together"
- Classes for Men, Women, and Children. Private lessons, personal training (ACE Certified), and group fitness classes are available.
- Adults can relieve stress after work and be excited about getting in better shape and learning to protect themselves and their families. Children will learn our blend of realistic self-defense while increasing their discipline, focus, goal setting and respect.
- Owner - Marc Bochner has 20 years of martial arts experience, 12 years of teaching experience, Doctor of Physical Therapy (URI 2009), author of 3 published self-defense books, published in Black Belt Magazine, instructor of the official Kuntao Jiu-Jitsu DVDs.
- 30 days notice is required to cancel any membership plan - no long term contracts are required.
- We welcome you to read what our students have to say, Click Here.